CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 21, 2008

More Mt. St. Helens Ride Photos . . .


It just blows me away (no pun intended :-) to envision how high the mudflow (and some blast maybe?) must have been right here to break trees this high up on the ridge. It's also weird to see the mix of dead/damaged/living trees so close together.


By here, you're pretty much at the top of Ape Canyon. Also, my legs were wrecked and I was running short on time. So, I just followed the trail up around the corner and called it good.


This is the top of Ape Canyon. It goes clear down to Smith Creek and I have no idea if you can get into it. Alan, Justin and I were pretty disappointed the first time we laid eyes on it back in the day.


It's cool to see some amount of regrowth and also how the knoll shielded some of the trees from the blast and mud/ice/rocks.


The trail really was the epic great descent I'd imagined. So, I didn't stop much on the way down to take photos. And, as the changing leaves tell you, I doubt I had much more time this year before it would've only been accessible with skis and snowmobiles.

4 comments:

Mits said...

Hi,
Amazing pictures, I must say this is real nature... The views are awesome...
This is called beauty of nature... I like all the pictures...

===================================
sahil
nitishrocks

gjacobsen said...

Great Pictures! Wish I had gone too.
DAD

gjacobsen said...

Great Pictures...! Wish I had gone too. dad

Kate said...

Hey Brian we are now WI FI with the Wii let us know how to hook up and we can play some mario kart!!!