CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Random review . . .


So after unwillingly donating blood at the wildlife refuge, we restored our strength at Quiznos in Moses Lake on the way home. I was pretty excited to see that they now have a buffalo chicken sub, so of course I got it. Disappointing, I've got to say.

Many moons ago, I had this idea myself and crafted such a sandwich. I put a chicken patty on a bun, added blue cheese crumbles, blue cheese dressing, small-sliced celery sticks, and Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Sauce. It was deeeelicious, and genuine chicken would've made it even better.

The Quiznos version . . . well, I liked the bread. Otherwise, though, the chicken was kind of boiled and mushy, the sauce was spicy but not really buffalo-y, and there was no form of blue cheese on it anywhere (they used ranch dressing and some kind of white cheese . . . provolone?). Kind of a stretch, in my opinion, to say it was a true buffalo chicken sandwich.

I still dig Quiznos. There will always be a warm spot in my heart since I first went there the night my daughter was born. I appreciated the yummy sandwich that night and also the fact that they helped me avoid hospital food.

1 comments:

curly girl said...

Thanks for the warning. I'd hate to deviate from my fav & risk stumbling into something like that. :)