CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Drivin' the Princess!


Thanks to my friendship with local history teacher extraordinaire Mr. Carpenter, I had the privilege of being a halftime princess chauffeur at the Warrenton High School Homecoming football game. We got to use cars from Ocean Crest, and I was driving an '07 Tahoe. I'm probably just too used to driving my GTI, but I thought the Tahoe handled very much like a really heavy blue marshmallow. My Odyssey seriously handles nicer and can haul more people and cargo. It does, however, look like a minivan. But, if you need to tow something, get under 20 miles to the gallon, or you need to be seen in an SUV, the Tahoe would be better. Regardless, it carried us in style out onto the field. It was extra cool because my passengers were my Tongue Point manager Roger and his daughter Molly. Roger and I are the two-man Tongue Point Health and Wellness Clinic Volkswagen club and he truly appreciates "Napoleon Dynamite", so he's obviously the man.
It's blurry, but you can barely see my wife up in the stands. I also thought it interesting that Chevrolet feels it's worth TWO stickers on the steering wheel plastic to emphasize that you should NOT cut it with a knife. I mean, if you're going to risk wrecking your new Tahoe's leather steering wheel with a knife, will an extra sticker really stop you? Food for thought.


The game was a landslide in Clatskanie's favor. This was only about halftime and it was already over. But, Clatskanie is one of the top teams in the state in their league, so at least they got stomped by somebody good. It was a beautiful night and we had a fun time.

Posted by Picasa

0 comments: