CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 26, 2007

Sorry, Kermit.


I seem to remember a Muppet movie where a scary Southern guy is after Kermit the Frog and talking about "French-fried frog legs". Well, I tried some here in the "Witches Brew". It was funny enough I felt it required a photo. I woudn't go so far as to say they "taste like chicken", but they were a relatively low-flavored white meat that had a consistency like chicken but more rubbery. I ate them at "The Bistro", which is a weekly restaurant-of-sorts that is hosted by the students in the culinary program at the Job Corps where I spend half my workweek. Their instructor is receiving rave reviews from students and food consumers (like me) alike, and spending Thursday's noontime chowing on their food is $4 well spent. Incidentally, Chef John owns Newman's at 988 in Cannon Beach, and I get the idea he took the instructor job because it's an opportunity to teach and it's relatively close to home for him. All I know is, this is a MUCH cheaper way to get his cuisine.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

DMo said...

I heard Tongue Point was getting a new culinary arts instructor. At a small program I was invited to, the owner of Baked Alaska was there and said Chef John was a good Chef.

I guess creative cooking, such as Frog Legs, keeps the students excited about the program. But I'm not sure how I feel about having all these student chefs going out into the world armed with 'creative' recipes

curly girl said...

I totally thought you were joking at first. Wow, you really live on the edge, man! I thought STP was crazy, but this?! ;) Love ya, K

Bri-onic Man said...

For my next act, I'll ride my bike from Seattle to Portland fueled exclusively by frog legs . . .

Chrissy said...

"EEEWWW!" said Ella. "Uncle B is silly!"