CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Utah Trip: Salt Lake City

We took a fun day trip up to Salt Lake basically to see the Conference Center.  It's an amazing place and a worthy use of my tithing dollars.  I guess the Tabernacle organ has more pipes, actually.  W kept saying "There's 6100 seats" . . . the place seats about 21,000.  Then I got to thinking, maybe he's just counting one of the three levels.  

A First Vision statue that I thought was really cool.  They have tons of great artwork in the areas around the auditorium including the Friberg originals that are now in the Book of Mormon.

E with the Salt Lake Temple behind her.

The top of the Conference Center is a huge terraced garden with fountains and stuff.  Our fifth member was dozing in a stroller nearby . . .

2 comments:

Stretching Dollars said...

Hooray! Thanks for posting pics of your trip, B! I felt sooooo old walking around the BYU with my husband and kids...at least I can be grateful I wasn't in school with a husband and kids! I love W's comments about everything from the # of seats in the conf center to asking about your teachers. Very insightful questions! Thanks for sharing!!!

gjacobsen said...

W. looks like is trying to figure out how to play the organ!

Looks like you had a great time re-connecting to the Utah scene.

Dad