CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, December 1, 2007

Adventures in Corporate Feedback! (Word Back from Holland America)


Well, I finally got word back from Holland America regarding the feedback I gave them about a month ago. (Find posts on that cruise here) And, as you can see, the back surface of their letterhead is even snazzy. Anyway, maybe I get it from my mom . . . I feel the need to let a company know when they've disappointed me. I figure I should give them the opportunity to address their shortcomings. If they do a good enough job, I forgive them and continue to patronize them. I might even say nice things about them. If, however, they don't step up, then I am not likely to spend any more money with them. And, I can't be expected to say a lot of friendly things to my people about them. It's that simple.


So, here's page one of the letter. Yes, it's more than one page. My letter to them was a pretty solid couple of pages. Perhaps there's some sort of rule that says you must reply with a letter of similar length to a customer's letter.


And here's page two. After reading it, I feel somewhat pleased. It's not like they said, "Hey, have a cruise on us." But, they DID give us some incentive to sail with them again (to the tune of $150 credit between the two of us) along with a free extra-snazzy meal for us (worth about $40 or $50). This makes them fairly level with other cruises. If we're determined to cruise somewhere, we'd consider Holland America. So once again, it pays to give feedback!

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

curly girl said...

High Five, bro! I was just wondering the other day if you'd heard anything from them. Way to speak up for yourself. You make your mom (I'm sure) and your sister proud!

Now all you need is some fancy letterhead of your own...maybe a huge tooth?

DMo said...

I guess, they've had enough complaints to hire a professional 'firefighter' to salvage their customer service ratings. Looks like it worked out pretty well, then.

Bri-onic Man said...

Yeah, there is kind of a lack of flow to their response. Like, each paragraph seems pretty professional, but they don't really flow together like they were really written to be a cohesive response to my letter. And, there are some interesting omissions regarding concerns/ideas I had. For example, they don't address why we weren't notified earlier (in our case it was that letter at 1 AM) that we had to depart the ship at 8 AM. In short, I'm lukewarm to sail with them again . . . if I have any money left after replacing my roof after this storm blows it off . . . yikes!

curly girl said...

I wonder what would happen if you wrote back to them and pointed out the omissions in their response? Maybe you'd get TWO fancy dinners?! ;)