CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 13, 2008

It's Baby Time!

My apologies to all who've wanted to see this little guy sooner. I had the unfortunate occurrence of the hard drive on my laptop catastrophically failing, so I don't spend much time on the computer these days. Maybe I'll do a blog post about that . . .

Our new son, who for the purposes of this blog will be AC, came amazingly quickly. I'd just given anesthetic to a patient at work when L called and said her water had broken. So, I apologized to the patient (who was very understanding) and scurried home. After loading up, I got to use some GTI power and we hauled to Seaside Providence. Of course, we ran into road construction on the way . . .
We arrived at the hospital around 4 and he was born at 5:45. They didn't have time to get the epidural in, so L did it all-natural. We feel like he was more responsive right off the bat without all the drugs to him (via mom) and also that L is on the mend faster than she would've been also. The fact that her mom is here is also a huge help too!


Tuesday, we brought E and W to see their new baby bro. E liked to stand on a chair by him and was very careful to pat him nicely. Wonder how long that'll last. :-)

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

gjacobsen said...

There are those pictures we have been waiting for!!! Thank you for taking time out of your hectic schedule to give us grandparents something to ahhhhhh over! He is so CUTE...and reminds me of baby W with chubbier cheeks!! Can't want to hold him!!!
Love, MOM

Chrissy said...

Congratulations you guys! He is so sweet! I'm so glad everything went so smoothly and quickly! Can't wait to meet this little guy!

Garrett said...

Wonder how long that will last?... After about two days of being careful our baby started fussing in his little rocking chair on the floor. two year old brother thought he wanted a drink of water so he dropped his sippy cup down to little brother... A direct hit... it didn't help the fussing. The older kids remain helpful

DMo said...

Congratulations! I didn't realize Seaside had a drive-through birthing center. I'll have to keep that in mind.

Also, I'm glad you weren't further along on that dental procedure when L called you.

Kind of jealous that my wife has been able to see your son a few times already. I'll have to fight the crowd to see him the next time he's at church. :-)

Unknown said...

Congratulations, Laura and Brian! Your new little one is a cutie (as are his older brother and sister)!

Nancy Zundel said...

Congrats you guys. We want even more pictures though! Feed us! Hope you are getting some sleep, and lots of chubby soft kisses!