CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 13, 2008

My Poor Laptop


As I allude to below, my 80 gig hard drive in my laptop failed. I have tried many things (short of spraying WD-40 in there :-) like whacking it, dropping it, and freezing it, with no luck, So, I had the joy of re-doing my taxes I had just done the weekend before (and not backed up yet). I'm very good at backing up the tax files once they're done, but since I wasn't done yet I hadn't. That pretty much killed a couple Saturdays. Interestingly, my taxes worked out a little better when I re-did them. Weird.
I can't hate HP. This laptop is like 3 to 3 1/2 years old and this is the first hardware problem. It's slower than slow, but I suppose that's because it's running at 1.4 ghz Centrino.
Techno lesson learned: if a file exists in only one place, it doesn't exist.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Barry Zundel said...

Brionic,

gimme a call, and I can tell you how to recover all that stuff....The pics of AC are great! Congrads to you and Laura!

DMo said...

Maybe if you keep redoing your taxes, you'll save enough to buy a new laptop. :-)