CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 24, 2007

Michelin PAX part II

So, the good news is that the Honda dealer 60-70 miles away got us in today to fix the flat tire on the van. L spent the better part of the day trying the keep the kids happy there, and they took a field trip over to PetCo to look at animals and also got some lunch.
BUT, they replaced the polycarbonate ring inside the tire, the gel packs, AND the whole tire, for a grand total (including labor) of $316.36. So, while I can see the value in all the stuff I got, it's crazy to think that a flat tire means a full day's time and over $300. Quite a contrast to when my GTI had a nail in the tire and I took it to Les Schwab here locally. They fixed it free in around 30 minutes. So as much as I love the idea of these run-flats . . .
I'll do a little more homework on this as to what the actual damage to the tire was and whether or not it has to be replaced typically. Then I'll channel my ire toward Honda and/or Michelin as necessary.

2 comments:

DMo said...

After seeing the cost of the tire, I can see why L and the kids had lunch at PetCo.

Looks like you got a cruise ship along with your helicopter. Now all you need is a submarine.

The kids video's are pretty cute--can't help but smile.

curly girl said...

OOO, look out...when Bri channels his ire, it's not pretty.

Let 'em have it, B!