CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 2, 2007

My Kids Say Things


After hangin' out with my sis and her people, we got back to the hotel kinda late. E was asleep and I carried her in through the back door. She woke up and said, "let's go into our hotelling". At church, our Bishop is Houghtaling, and she's obviously crossing the terms. I thought it was pretty funny (and emailed him and he did too) and now I have a cool new verb to use when we're on trips. So, like, the place in the picture above is where we did our hotelling.


The kids were watching Toy Story 2 in the van on the way home from Kent. At the end of the film there's a well-known song by Randy Newman ("You've Got a Friend in Me") that they were singing along with. I found it strangely appropriate that they were munching on nuggets (E) and a burger (W) and saying "You've got a friend in meat. You've got a friennnnnd in meat . . ."

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

DMo said...

kdis srue brnig out new perpescitves on the Amreiacn laganuge!

Garrett said...

You do NOT have a friend in meat. Repeat after me, Meat is not my friend, meat is not my friend. I'll even make a song of it, if it would help... Oh I got it, how about that one about using meat sparingly.

Excuse the sarcasm, you may have hit a tender chord there.

Bri-onic Man said...

Sans, good point. Guess I found a way to get a comment out of you. :-) Of course, I'm sure my kids don't comprehend the reason why we found humor in what they were saying. In any case, I would expect the topic to be a good one for your blog (that I would like to read). Or, if you've already addressed it, feel free to comment with a link. Also, I gave some thought to the alternate song lyrics. Maybe we could do "You've got a friend in beets" (or fruit, or maybe even beans). Thanks again for popping in with the comment!