CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 16, 2007

My Wife is Brave!


We recently had a large regional church meeting ("Stake Conference" for those of you down with the terminology) in Longview, WA. My wife, L, was asked to be the choir organizer/director and also the chorister for the congregational hymns. (In this picture, they're warming up before the meeting.) So, she got to stand in front of this huge audience likely approaching 1000 people and do her thing. And, they sounded great (not just me saying that). My task, while she performed her responsibilities, was to keep the kids entertained (and contained) for a couple hours. I was very happy to have some help from people nearby, and it worked out fine. Still, I was sort of feeling like I had it hard until the visiting church leader called on her to speak on the spur-of-the-moment. Again, she did a great job. Thus, she is very very brave and I love her lots!


Other rooms in the building also received the broadcast by closed-circuit TV. That way, people with rambunctious youngsters would have someplace to watch where they could be non-disruptive (shout out to DMO, Heffalump, J-Dog, and the crew). Pretty cool idea, and I'm sure we could've easily taken advantage of it had I not had assistance in my pew. Prior to the meeting starting, I walked the kids around the halls a bunch and snapped this picture of one of the TVs as they were calibrating the video (if you're wondering what the groovy frame is for).

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

DMo said...

The choir did sound good...especially considering how few people actually participated. I wished I could have done the choir thing.

And then I was kind of glad I didn't get their early with the choir since a healthy portion of them were called on to 'improv' a talk on the spot. But you are right, L did an awesome job on both ends.

P.S.--thanks for the Shout out (I'm sure there was no pun intended.) :-)

Bri-onic Man said...

Yes, that was punnier than I intended. :-)

Kate said...

bravo to L!!! wish we were there. also bravo to the alpha nerd. :0) you are so lucky to be able to go to weird al shows!

Garrett said...

On that stage where Weird Al played is where I recieved my high school diploma. It makes me... Proud?

Caden was recently asked by a visiting speaker to come to the pulpit. The guy asked Caden what his favorite song was and he replied, "I am a child of God" Caden then lead the congregation in singing the hymn. I couldn't believe it. Sometimes he plays shy and other times he leads the music for the ward.

Wish we were there.

Bri-onic Man said...

Sans- Well, having received your diploma on a stage where Al performed just moved you up in my book! :-)
That's awesome that your son got up in front of everybody and did that! When he wins road bike races, he'll be right at home atop the podium.