CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Coast Guard Helicopter Flight of the Eagle


Somebody's ready for the thrill of a lifetime! So for the next Flight of the Eagle, I'm going to grow a moustache, wear different glasses, etc. and see if I can sneak on again!

Seems like a cool "right stuff" pose. And, when you have a cool rescue swimmer physique, you don't zip the jumpsuit up any sooner than you have to.

"So let me see if I've got this right. You point the rocket AWAY from yourself before firing it, then?" It's actually a locator device they can mark an area with and then see how it drifts in the current.

These helicopters were supposed to serve 5000 hours and then be replaced. This one, we were told, has about 10,000 on it and is supposed to serve until 20,000. Hey, I have an idea . . . let's go fly in it! I suppose when you're being plucked off a cliff or out of a sinking vessel, you don't complain.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

gjacobsen said...

Whoa! and you get paid to do that!...oh wait, that was your pay!
You might be over-compensated. ;<)
Great shots Brian! Brings back memories.

Bri-onic Man said...

Glad you dug 'em. It was a super-cool experience. Of course, I couldn't talk them into setting it down in a parking lot to grab a bite to eat . . . maybe next time.

Garrett said...

Man, you're blog is tough to keep up with... I wish mine posted as often as yours does. Good stuff, I'm jealous.