CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 6, 2007

Supporting the Forest Products Industry

So the fence is in. It's only been 4 years! But, it's only been more recently we've had the neighbor behind us to help pay for it (and help create the need). It's 6 feet tall cedar with 4x6 pressure-treated posts that are buried 3 feet and set in concrete. When the mother of all storms blows in, I'm leaving the house and grabbing hold of the fence.
The other side of the house (where the walkway is, strangely enough) is where we had the gate put in. We're trying to save the part of the hedge in front of the fence. We had them amputate the back 1/2 of the hedge to put the fence in but keep the sprinkler heads on the correct side. I need to fire the sprinklers up still and see if we were successful.
Our arbor vitae have been a decent barrier but obviously kids and deer get through no problem. Here, they are showing what may be an indication of what kind of a deer thoroughfare we just plugged. It'll be interesting to see if they fill back in over time.








Further evidence of our tenuous fence-attachment situation can be see here in the back corner where my new fence attaches to part of the same one you saw us attaching to in the front. Initially, I didn't know how it would play out, so they put one of my posts a foot or two from the neighbor's corner. Now it's attached, too, so that corner is probably just extra strong. Thanks to my neighbor to the back consenting, I do have a gate that's open in this picture so I can get back to dump my yard debris, cut into Ft. Stevens to hike, bike, and run, and pick blackberries.

Posted by Picasa

0 comments: