CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

More Coast Guard Helicopter Ride Photos


Look, it's the Peter Iredale shipwreck (the subject of other recent photos in this blog!) We didn't get to fish anybody out of the water. But, we did see a whale near the surf and they radioed it in.


Here we're doing a high banking turn. I had to clench my stomach pretty hard. They also did a maneuver or two where you felt weightless. I had my camera floating above my hand. It was sweet. And again, I had to clench my guts and try not to hurl.


We did that high banking turn and then dropped in fast over downtown Astoria. Quite fast. The pilot weaved side-to-side and apparently flew sideways some also. We were responsible to signal the start of the Astoria Regatta parade at noon. Right in the middle of this picture next to the red and green trolley bus is the dental office.


We did a couple laps around the Column, also. Somehow, I'm more nervous leaning against the rails at the top of the Column than I am in the helicopter with the door wide open. And, I was just wearing a wimpy little lap belt that's as old as the helicopter (which is pretty old). Who knows?

Posted by Picasa

0 comments: