CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 5, 2007

A Nice Cloudy Long Beach Picnic

On the boardwalk, we'll be havin' some lunch . . . We drove over to Long Beach and I got Surfer Sands sandwiches while L drove the kids through Mickey D's. I ate a Big Kahuna and had them hoagie it up. That's my FAVORITE sandwich there, perhaps in the world. It's philly cheesesteak with extra creamy sauce, lettuce, tomatoes, green peppers, and other stuff on a homemade roll. Way too good. L got a Turn Turtle, which is homemade bread with turkey, cranberry sauce, cashews, a heap of lettuce, provolone, tomato, and Italian dressing. Again, super good.
The day was overcast but actually not that breezy and really pretty nice. We ate our lunch at a picnic table on the Long Beach boardwalk near another couple who had a lovely little basket and wine and stuff. We probably wrecked their vibe with our rowdy kids.

E leads the way on the dune path. They've now got it paved from Seaview southward about 1/2 way to Beard's Hollow. A patient I had in the other day told me about it, thinking maybe it was paved all the way to Beard's Hollow. Not yet. But, I did just see an article that said they just got funding to pave the rest of the Discovery Trail. (pdf trail map here) It'll then stretch from Ilwaco all the way to the north side of Long Beach by the Breakers (a condo development). A link to the press release regarding the funding to complete it is here. I really love the path through the dunes because they did a great job of having it go up and down and wind around. Plus, it puts you in the dunes where you don't usually walk very easily.
We paused on the trail and I held out the camera to get a photo with my favorite little girl.
On the way back, she wanted her mommy to carry her. Mommy's ankles are wailed-on enough, and Daddy is nothing if not a glutton for punishment, so I piggy-backed her for a while.

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Chrissy said...

E is getting so big! Wow! Love the Turn Turtle myself. It's been a while!

gjacobsen said...

Great pictures. Looks like good beach weather.

gjacobsen said...

Great pictures. Looks like good beach weather.

Eric said...

The Surfer Sands cheesesteak is the best I've had on the west coast. They probably aren't rude enough to get the complete Philly experience though. A guy in church asked me if I've ever heard of the STP. I told him I just had read a small novel on it. Nice shorts.

Bri-onic Man said...

Somebody you know has heard of the STP, huh? Wow, all the way on the right coast . . . word travels. And, for the record, the novel you read is the RAMROD novel. The STP one is still coming. Mmmmm, boy, now you're really got something to look forward too.
That new shirt is sweet, by the way. Remind me what I owe you (you can call or email) and I will enjoy my new ultimate white shirt experience.

curly girl said...

I LOVE the grin on E's face w/you...very cute. Enlarge it and keep it for when she's 12 and "hates" you!

I've never had the Turn Turtle, but it sounds like the perfect sandwich! Sorry, I've got to side w/L on this one!

Anonymous said...

Love the blog. Your E sure looks a lot like L! Hoping to come visit soon! :0)