CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 5, 2007

Happy Anniversary!

A few minutes ago, L came out from a brief siesta and reminded me it's our anniversary today. Luckily, I was prepared. Turns out, this is the BEST toothpaste (Tartar Control Listerine Essential Care). So good, in fact, that she was ligitimately happy to get it when I pulled it out from behind my back saying "I want our love to always be fresh." I swung through Walgreen's and it was the most expensive toothpaste they carry (of course). But hey, my wife is a $5 toothpaste wife, you know?
It contains lots of good minty stuff, but the real clinical reason why your breath will be extra-fresh is that it contains zinc citrate trihydrate. This is a tartar control agent which also breaks down disulfide bonds in volatile (stinky) compounds that mouth bacteria make. Use this toothpaste very long, and there's no going back. Don't say I didn't warn you.
I would seriously buy a mongo multi-pack from Costco if they had it.
I would be remiss (and take some flak I'm sure) if I didn't also point out a few other things about our anniversary. This is not all I did for L. It's good toothpaste, but don't get any ideas, guys out there. :-) I spent hours and hours restoring the minivan back to near-like-new condition, for starters. That sticky brown soda all decroded in the bottom of the front cupholder . . . it's gone! The black marks from the kids kicking the handles on the backs of the front seats . . . gone! She is rollin' in style. We're also going on our first cruise in September, and we agreed that the cruise can be a belated anniversary celebration. We're doing a 3 day one out of Vancouver B.C. on Holland America's Oosterdam. I will be studying and practicing stomach-stretching tactics of professional eaters so I can pack down as much food as possible on the ship.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Chrissy said...

Happy Anniversary yesterday! There's nothing like toothpaste to really say "I Love You".

gjacobsen said...

For those that are tartar minded...I find that I can use a good toothpaste and then, if I don't mind the slop, use mouthwash and my Sonicare at the same time. I think I get the same results as Listerine toothpaste (nice , clean and 'slickery' teeth) at less than $5 a tube for the paste....

There is a research project for someone just waiting to 'bite'.

Bri-onic Man said...

Eric probably needs a thesis or something . . .
Seriously, though, I'm sure you can get pretty fresh with your method. We'll need an independent third party to compare us next time I see you. Now doesn't THAT sound entertaining?

curly girl said...

Wait a minute, if YOU don't mind the slop...what does the person who cleans the sink and mirror think?! Funny how the "important things" vary...MY big toothpaste goal is to find one that M doesn't get all over the counter every time she brushes her teeth. I don't even care if it gets her teeth clean, I just want the dispenser to keep it off the counter somehow! ;)